Cabot Creamery Macaroni Recipe
Harvest Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe
This Vermont delicous creamy macoroni recipe is from Cabot Creamery. Try this easty to create Baked Macoroni and Cheese Recipe. Ask us about Cabot Creamery Recipes or share comments. Feature your business, contact VTLiving.
Cabot Macoroni and Cheese Recipe
Recipe: Cabot’s Harvest Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 10 oz. elbow macaroni
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh sage (or 3/4 tsp. dried sage)
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 2 1/2 cups diced smoked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups diced apple
- 1 1/2 cups croutons – slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook macaroni per package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in large saucepan and sauté onion, garlic, and sage until onion is transparent.
- Stir in flour and cook over low heat for several minutes, until very thick.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add all but 1/2 cup Cabot Cheddar and stir just until melted.
- Remove from heat and fold in turkey and apples.
- Pour into 9″x13″ greased pan.
- Top with crushed croutons and reserved Cabot Cheddar.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbling – about 25-30 minutes.
Visit “The World’s Best Cheddar” to read more about Cabot Creamery.