Cabot Creamery Crab Recipe
This is a nice twist on an Italian classic main dish. Try this delicious Crabmeat or Florentine Manicotti Recipe from Cabot Creamery. Ask us about Cabot Vermont recipes or share comments. Feature your business, contact VTLiving.
Cabot Creamery Crab Manicotti Recipe
Recipe: Crabmeat Manicotti
- 1/2 cups Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups Cabot 50% Light Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 6 oz. fresh crabmeat – flaked
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley – minced
- 1 Tbs. onion – minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 manicotti shells – cooked until almost tender (al dente)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, crabmeat, parsley, onion, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 2 cups tomato sauce into shallow baking dish.
- Stuff shells with equal amounts of cheese mixture and place on top of sauce.
- Spoon remaining sauce over shells, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
For a Florentine version, substitute 1 package cooked frozen chopped spinach in place of crabmeat.
Visit “The World’s Best Cheddar” to read more about Cabot Creamery.