Travel Safety Tips
Traveler Safety Ideas & Tips for Vacationers
Vermont Travel Information – stay safe by following some basic safe travel safety tips. Ask us about Vermont travel or share your Vermont visit comments. To feature your business, contact us.
Vermont Safe Travel Tips
Travel safe by using common sense and taking some simple precautions when traveling to Vermont or elsewhere. The following suggestions will help ensure a safe trip whether traveling at home or abroad.
- Use caution when opening your hotel or motel room door. Always check first before opening the door for unexpected guests. If the person claims to be an employee, check with the front desk before opening your door to confirm.
- When leaving your room make sure your door is securely closed and locked.
- When returning to your room late in the evening, use the main entrance of the hotel.
- Keep your guest room keys in a safe place. Do not display your room keys in public, place them in your wallet or purse out of view. Do not leave your keys on the bar or by the pool or in any place where they may be stolen.
- Don’t give your room keys or room number to strangers.
- Keep your valuables in the hotel or motel’s safe deposit box.
- Use caution when getting into your vehicle. Look carefully before entering parking lots. Report any unusual activity to the front desk.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle. Keep valuable items out of view, in the trunk if necessary.
- Check your room doors and windows to be sure they are locked. Check to see that any connecting room doors are locked.
- Locate emergency exits and stairs and familiarize yourself with fire escape routes.
Dining | Real Estate | Skiing | Vacation Rentals | Inns | Hotels | Resorts
Classified Ads | Golfing | Events | Attractions | Sports | Personals
Pet Friendly Lodging | Meeting Rooms | Weddings
Products | VT Town Photos | Shopping